After speculating and flirting with adding the two largest and most popular memecoins as payment methods, AMC Theatres CEO – Adam Aron – said his company will do so by March 19th. Mobile users will be able to utilize Shiba Inu and Dogecoin for payments in mid-April.
- AMC Theatres, among the largest movie chain theaters in the world, has interacted with the cryptocurrency space for a year or so by allowing clients to purchase tickets and other goods via bitcoin, ether, and other assets.
- However, many customers demanded the addition of the two memecoins that went viral last year – Dogecoin and the self-proclaimed DOGE-killer – Shiba Inu.
- Aron seemed to have listened to his clients, but the process appeared somewhat sluggish. At first, the firm adopted Dogecoin only for digital gift cards and promised to do more later.
- In November last year, Aron informed that the addition of Shiba Inu is next on the schedule, but the team required some time to complete the technical aspects.
- With a February 28th tweet, the company’s CEO indicated that AMC has partnered with BitPay and will start accepting online payments with the two tokens on its website by March 19th. Mobile app users will be able to make such transfers by April 16th.
This might rev up the Cryptocurrency fans amongst you. AMC IT says that BitPay will be live for AMC online payments on our web site by March 19, and live on our mobile apps by April 16. Possibly a few days earlier. BitPay, and therefore soon AMC, accepts Doge Coin and Shiba Inu. pic.twitter.com/M8lM3Rz2vY
— Adam Aron (@CEOAdam) February 28, 2022
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.